Returning the phone is super simple – to help you through this we’ve outlined a few quick and necessary steps.
- If the phone was switched on, remember to erase all content and settings, remove Find My iPhone and sign out of iCloud using this checklist, or we’ll have to send it back to you.
- Print off the prepaid Royal Mail returns label (attached to this email) or get it printed for you at your nearest post office by using the QR code.
- For help on how to package the phone for return see here.
- Drop it off at your nearest Post Office. Keep your receipt as proof of return until we tell you we've received it – the prepaid packaging we provide insures the phone up to £100 but we recommend you use Royal Mail Special Delivery Guaranteed from your local Post Office with insurance as Raylo cannot take responsibility for any phones that are lost or damaged in transit.
- If we don’t receive the phone back within 14 days we’ll assume you no longer wish to return it and continue with your payments.
- When your return arrives back you will be notified via email
- Once the return is inspected – which can take up to 5 working days, you’ll be notified via email that your subscription is cancelled.
If you have any questions feel free to get in touch with us.