Sending the Phone back to us? If you've opened or used the phone, you'll need to complete a few steps to ensure it can be processed at our end.
Please note: If you don't complete all of the following, we may have to send your phone back to you.
- Back up your data and, if you want to, restore it to your new phone.
- Turn off Find My iPhone. Go to Settings, select [your name], select Find My, select Find My iPhone, swipe the slider Off, enter your Turn off Find My iPhone. Go to Settings, select [your name], select Find My, select Find My iPhone, swipe the slider to Off, enter your Apple ID password, then tap Turn Off. When you do this your phone is removed from your Find My iPhone Devices list, and your device Activation Lock is also turned off.
- Sign out of iCloud and the iTunes & App Store. Go to Settings, select [your name], select iCloud and Sign Out.
- You should also erase your content and settings – go to Settings, then General, Reset, and tap Erase All Content and Settings. When you erase your content, Find My iPhone and your Activation Lock are also turned off.
- Remove your SIM and pop it into your new device.
Now your phone's been wiped and reset, you're nearly ready to post it. Find out how to package it for return.
Please get in touch if there is anything we can help you with.