When you move your content to a new iOS device, you might need to complete a few steps to finish the process.
Check Mail, Contacts, and Calendar settings
When you move to a new iOS device, you might need to enter your passwords again for Mail, Contacts, and Calendars. Here's how:
- Go to Settings > Passwords & Accounts.
- Tap each account.
- Enter your password if prompted.
After you enter your passwords, you might need to check a few other things:
Mail: Launch the Mail app and wait for your email to download to your device. If prompted, enter the password for your email again.
Contacts: Open the Contacts app and make sure that your contacts transferred.
Calendar: Open the Calendar app and make sure that your calendar events transferred.
Turn on Notifications for your apps
You might need to open some of your apps to enable the notifications for those apps. Open each app and if prompted, tap Allow Notifications. For some apps, you might need to turn on your Notifications in Settings > Notifications.
Download content and restore in-app purchases
You might need to re – download content, such as music, movies, TV shows, or podcasts that you had on your previous device. Here's what you should do:
- Go to Settings > iTunes & App Store and make sure that you're signed in with the same Apple ID that you use to make purchases.
- If you're missing music, movies, TV shows, or podcasts, learn how to re – download the missing content.
- If you previously made in-app purchases, you need to restore them.
Pair your Bluetooth accessories
After you set up your new iOS device, you need to pair your Bluetooth accessories, like headphones and speakers, and connect your device to your car stereo. On your iOS device:
- Go to Settings > Bluetooth and make sure that Bluetooth is on.
- Put your accessory in Discovery Mode and wait for it to show up on your iOS device.
- Tap the accessory name to pair it. You might need to enter a PIN or passcode.
Learn how to pair your AirPods.
Add your cards to Apple Pay
You can use Apple Pay as soon as you add your credit, debit, or prepaid card to Wallet. Remember to add your cards to any device that you want to use with Apple Pay. Here's how:
- Go to Settings > Wallet & Apple Pay.
- Add your card and wait for your bank to verify your information. If your bank needs more information to verify your card, they'll ask for it.
Learn how to set up and use Apple Pay.